Reach for the stars and go on a journey through space and science when an astronomical show returns to the Central Highlands.
Suitable for all ages from five to 95, Astronomical II delivers belly laughs as it explores the universe. The three-actor theatre play invites the audience to join in by looking at the wonders of space through large computer-controlled telescopes.
Taking twists and turns the audience will meet the history’s great astrophysicists and thinkers like Galileo, Nicolaus Copernicus, Jocelyn Bell and Edmund Hubble. And beware of extra-terrestrials joining in.
Astronomical will land in the Central Highlands on the following dates:
- Tuesday 18 September – Duaringa Golf Club
- Wednesday 19 September – Bauhinia State School Grounds
- Thursday 20 September – Arcadia Valley State School Grounds
- Friday 21 September – Rolleston Beazley Park
- Saturday 22 September – Springsure Showgrounds
- Sunday 23 September – Emerald Showgrounds main arena
- Monday 8 October – Sapphire, Roy Day Park
- Tuesday 9 October – Comet State School
- Wednesday 10 October – Blackwater State School Grounds
- Thursday 11 October – Bluff Football Field
- Friday 12 October – Dingo State School
- Monday 15 October – Tieri Oval One
- Tuesday 16 October – Capella Football Oval
Show starts at 6.30pm and tickets are $10 per adult, $5 per child and $25 per family (two adults and three children). Under five-year olds are free. BYO chairs and picnic.
Astronomical II is delivered by the NQ Starshine and Full Throttle Theatre Company and supported by the Regional Arts Development Fund in partnership between the Queensland Government and Central Highlands Regional Council.
For up-to-date information on show locations and to book online, click here.