A new advisory committee, made up of passionate community members and council representatives, is ready to kick goals for sport and recreation in the Central Highlands.
Chairperson Cr Alan McIndoe said the committee had been formed to develop and implement council’s plan for organised sport in the region – The Game Plan.
‘This 10-year plan outlines the goals and aspirations we have for our sporting clubs, facilities and programs,’ he said.
‘Our vision is that in 2028 sport will be accessible, inclusive and provide opportunities for all, enriching the lifestyles of our active community.’
Cr McIndoe said the committee was unique, with three community members appointed to positions.
‘The Game Plan is not just a council plan – it’s for our community and by our community,’ he said.
‘By having these passionate residents on board we will be able to accurately identify issues and opportunities for organised sport in our region and ensure our local clubs are viable, progressive and empowered.’
The committee members are:
- Chairperson: Alan McIndoe, Councillor
- Kerry Hayes, Councillor
- Gail Godwin-Smith, Councillor
- Gail Nixon, Councillor
- Charlie Brimblecombe, Councillor
- Daniel Fletcher, General Manager Communities
- Mark Giebel, Manager Parks & Recreation
- Clinton Adams, Community Member
- Lyn Brown, Community Member
- Daniella Spiccia, Community Member
For more information about the Game Plan head here.