Applications for the Queensland Government’s Community Road Safety Grants close on Friday 7 June 2019.
The scheme offers funding up to a maximum of $20,000 for short term, small-scale community road safety education and awareness projects across childhood road safety, bike road safety, motorcycles, seatbelts, fatigue, pedestrians and safer seniors.
With the funding community organisations can –
- support local road safety initiatives with a road safety and educational benefit
- drive a fundamental culture change and attitude to road safety in local communities, and
- encourage innovative new ideas that address current and future local road safety issues.
The goals of the scheme are –
- to support the development and delivery of effective and innovative road safety projects which address and education on local road safety issues
- to encourage community involvement in local road safety initiatives, enabling them to share in road safety deliverables in a tangible way.
To apply for a grant, visit www.qld.gov.au and search for community road safety grants.