Nogoa November is back, with a jam-packed day of fun for the whole family.
The annual celebration of our mighty river system will be held at the Emerald Botanic Gardens on 28 November 2020.
Kicking off at 8.00 am on the western side, there will be a range of educational stalls, activities for the kids, giveaways, free microchipping, a free sausage sizzle and more.
‘I encourage everyone to come along and celebrate this integral part of our region’s natural environment,’ Central Highlands Regional Council Mayor Kerry Hayes said.
‘Without the Nogoa, there wouldn’t be the thriving Central Highlands communities we live in and love today.
‘This is also council’s first big community event since the pandemic struck, so a great opportunity to get together and have some fun after what has been a tough year for many.’
Entry is free, but COVIDSafe rules like social distancing will be in place. There will also be no kayaking or water play this year. Please follow all signage and volunteer directions.
The event will run until 1.00 pm.
- Launch of the first section of the Nogoa River nature trail to Selma Weir
- Ranger Services
- Responsible animal management information
- Free microchipping by Maraboon Vet and Gray Street Vet
- CQ Pet Rescue information
- Community Development and Community Engagement information
- Libraries information
- Sand art activities
- Environmental Health
- Food safety information
- Recycling and waste education
- Check out the Cleanaway rubbish trucks
- Infrastructure road maintenance
- Check out some machinery
- Kindness rocks activity
- Strategic Planning & Development Assessment
- Talk to a planner
- People and Culture
- Information about working for CHRC
- Water Infrastructure
- See water under a microscope
- Entries for Water Week drawing competition on display
- Yumba Bimbi
- Free fairy floss and popcorn
- Win an emergency kit
- Check out the SES boat
- Free sausage sizzle
- Water safety information
- Fitzroy Basin Association
- Coffee van