There is no reason to be alarmed if flying foxes set up camp nearby. Issues related to smell, noise, mess and damage to vegetation can be quickly addressed or, if necessary, handled with our assistance. Here are some tips for living near flying foxes:
- Bring your washing in before dusk.
- Park your cars under shelter.
- Keep doors and windows closed at dawn and dusk to reduce noise.
- Remove or cover fruit and flowers on trees on your property.
- Keep dogs and cats inside at night and away from roost sites. If they become bitten or scratched, contact your veterinarian for advice.
- Keep pet food and water indoors.
- Move quietly near roost sites to avoid disturbing the roost – they make more noise when disturbed.
- Avoid the used of barbed wire fences near flowering plants so that flying foxes don’t become ensnared.